Sunday, November 23, 2014

The decision to move

We were at a very content phase of our lives. After a marriage of 5 years, we had been blessed with a baby and after a search spanning 12-15 years(my Better Half was searching for a house even before our wedding) we had finally bought a house. A home to call our own. We had our support system of friends and family. There were our favourite restaurants, usual hangouts, cinemas we loved to go to, malls we hanged out at. For us, Bangalore was our 2nd home. Although our parents did not live in the same city, it was only a 6 hour drive or an overnight train, we were always at an arms distance

Bangalore too was a new land to me, once upon a time. I came to Bangalore, one week after our wedding. My husband had been here for most of his adult life and for him this was home. He knew the places, the people, the language and all the knick knacks that are specific to this region. For me, it was all new and alien. But by and by, I learned to love this place, call it my own. Work, colleagues, friends, and many trips later, this was my new home.So change was not new to me. Especially geographical changes have always been a part of my life.

When BH* was given the option to move to France for a couple of years, we were partly excited and partly skeptical. Finally after deliberating the pros and cons of moving to a foriegn country, we decided that we will move for a short term. We thought that  it was the right age to travel with a toddler. We were quite sure that this was a right time and the right decision was to move. Parents were self sufficient and were in no need of daily care. They also welcomed the idea of moving. Hence we decided that we would shift base to France for a few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment